- Lectures + Conversations
- Members' Only
- Llano Del Rio Artists Residency
- School Programs
Tour da Arts, vol. 6
Sunday, Aug 24, 2014 12pm–5pm
Registration is required.
Admission is FREE and open to all ages.
Please support SMMoA by becoming a member today.
Please support SMMoA’s exhibitions and public programs.
Complete the secure form below. Tickets will be held under name provided. Fields marked with an * are required.
Step 1:Ticket-Holder Information
For international addresses, please contact us.
Step 2: Billing Information
Review your details below. Select Edit to make changes or Submit to complete the transaction.
Program Booking Confirmation
Thank you for your purchase and/or RSVP. A confirmation email has been sent to you.
PURCHASE PLACED ON
24 February 2017
Tour da Arts, vol. 6
Sunday, Aug 24, 2014
Santa Monica Museum of Art
Bergamot Station G1
2525 Michigan Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Step 4:Submit PaymentSubmit
Once your submission has been processed you will be sent an email confirmation.
Step 5:Print Confirmation
Thank you for your RSVP and/or purchase. You will receive a confirmation email.
You may want to print this page for your records. When you are done, click Close to return to the program details.Print Close
There was a problem processing your payment. Please Click the Edit button to go back and make corrections.
Tour da Arts, vol. 6 is the Santa Monica Museum of Art’s sixth annual cultural bike tour. Enjoy the creative side of bicycle culture on this casual, nine-mile ride filled with art, music, and theater.
Experience Santa Monica as a car-free community and learn about the City’s bike lanes and other bike-friendly infrastructure from Tour da Arts’ ride leaders. Participation is free and open to all ages. Tour da Arts, vol. 6 runs from noon to 5 pm, with stops at the Santa Monica Museum of Art in the Bergamot Station Arts Center, the Santa Monica Bay Woman’s Club, and John Adams Middle School. Riders will be dazzled by unique sights and sounds at each stop:
Tour da Arts vol. 6 Schedule
Noon – 2:00 pm: Check-in at the Santa Monica Museum of Art
- SMMoA Exhibition Tours: Robert Swain: The Form of Color and Nonfictions: Jeremiah Day/Simone Forti/Fred Dewey.
- Bicycle Advocacy: Learn fun and safe biking tips from C.I.C.L.E. (Cyclists Inciting Change thru Live Exchange, the Tour da Arts, vol. 6 ride leaders), Santa Monica SPOKE/Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, LA Metro, and City of Santa Monica Transportation. Get a complimentary tune-up from Bikerowave, a volunteer-run, community-operated bike repair shop.
- Wiki-Theater: Bike Odyssey LA’s Brian Sonia-Wallace presents a crash course on Homer’s Odyssey, in the form of a live action Wikipedia page.
- Food and Drink: Enjoy delicious options from Clif Bar, Whole Foods Market Venice, and Peddler’s Creamery.
2:00 pm: Tour da Arts, vol. 6 leaves the Santa Monica Museum of Art
2:30 – 3:00 pm: Second Stop: Santa Monica Bay Woman’s Club
- Anna Oxygen Concert: Artist-composer Anna Oxygen’s electronic music performance engages the Tour da Arts audience in an interactive dance-along. Refreshments and snacks provided by Whole Foods Market Venice and Clif Bar.
3:30 – 4:00 pm: Third Stop: Barnum Hall at Santa Monica High School
- Myth and Infrastructure: Myth and Infrastructure is an innovative artwork that combines animated film with live, shadow-play performance. It features original music, natural and urban landscapes, fantastic dreamscapes, and artist Miwa Matreyek’s own shadow as its main character.
4:30 – 5:00 pm: Final Stop: Return to SMMoA at the Bergamot Station Arts Center
- Bike Odyssey LA: Enjoy an iconic scene from Homer’s Odyssey adapted for contemporary Los Angeles and for two wheels, produced by Brian Sonia-Wallace.
- Tour da Arts Raffle: Win gifts from Bike Attack, Linus Bikes, Lucy Sportswear, and more!
Complimentary bike rentals are available from Perry’s Café and Rentals, and can be reserved during registration (while supplies last).
SMMoA kicked off Tour da Arts, vol. 6 in June with a Bike Critter Art Contest. Artists of all ages and levels were invited to draw and submit an imaginative, cycling creature for use as the vol. 6 logo. Garrett Belmont’s “Rabbit on a Bicycle” was chosen by SMMoA’s curatorial staff as the winning drawing.
Participation in Tour da Arts, vol. 6 is FREE thanks to our generous sponsors: the City of Santa Monica and the Santa Monica Arts Commission, the Barnwood Foundation, the Eileen Harris Norton Foundation, and the Santa Monica Bike Center. To keep Tour da Arts and SMMoA’s other exhibitions and programs free, please visit http://smmoa.org/support/give/overview/.
Special thanks to our event partners: Aika Trading, Bergamot Station Arts Center, LLC., Bike Attack, Bikerowave, C.I.C.L.E., City of Santa Monica Water Treatment Program, Cynergy Cycles, Helen’s Cycles, John Adams Middle School, LA Metro, the Levi’s® Commuter Workspace, Linus Bikes, Lucy Sportswear, Peddler’s Creamery, Perry’s Café and Rentals, Santa Monica Bay Woman’s Club, Santa Monica SPOKE/LACBC, Yelp